Thursday, January 7, 2010

New Year's Resolutions

Last year I didn’t have any resolutions, mainly because I didn’t want to fail. And I though about doing the same thing this year, but then I realized there are a couple of things I’d like to accomplish by the end of the year:

♥Go to bed early.
I have developed a terrible sleeping schedule over the years. I’m talking about going to bed at 1-2 AM. Not only do I wake up late, but I feel energy-less throughout the day. And, this semester I signed up for a 6:30 AM class, so I’ll have to wake up around 5 AM to be out the door by 6. But I know I can do it :] I started going to bed at 11PM yesterday and the day before yesterday, but I ended up just laying there until past midnight, but I’ll just have to keep trying.

♥Don't spend a lot of money.
I’ve noticed that I’ve spent a lot of money on a lot of useless things throughout the last year, and I need to start to learn the value of money (which is how I came with my next resolution). I want to be a saver, not a spender! So I’m leaving my debit card home when I go to stores from now on, so I have no temptation to spend.

♥Get a job.
I’ve been wanting to get a job for a couple of years, but I just can’t overcome my shyness. Recently, I’ve applied to a couple of places, and still no calls back. I definitely don’t want to stop trying! I want to feel useful, and earn money, and that my family stops making remarks of how lazy I am. Seeing my brother buy a laptop a couple of days ago, made me realize that I could do the same if I worked. Hire me please? ;]

♥Exercise.
And not only to loose weight and get toned, but also to have an active life; a hobby. My mom and I are thinking about joining a yoga class, so I think that would be a lot of fun. We went to a trial class many months ago (maybe a year), and it was a great workout, even though it looks easy. I was in pain for like three days afterward. And how cool is it to be a vegetarian who does yoga? Haha.

♥Make friends.
Maybe I haven’t mentioned this before, but I’m an extremely shy person (Yes, I just did! a couple of lines up!!). And it’s terribly hard for me to make friends. I have three friends:
-Max
-A girl I’ve known since 7th grade (that’s 6 years!)
-A guy I met online, whom I never met in person, but I’ve known for 4 years

That is definitely not normal for a teenager. I want to learn some social skills, be more friendly and open. I have "the social graces of a fetus", as Kara from America’s Next Top Model said about Nicole.

So there you have it, these are my New Year’s Resolutions. Feel very free to post yours in the comments below! :]

No comments:

Post a Comment